Applications for cycle 3 of the ACT Thuthukisani Programme opening soon!
The next 3 provinces will include; Gauteng, Free State and Western Cape
Thuthukisani is a call to action taken from the Zulu word Thuthukisa (verb) means Develop
The application process follows a set format
The Thuthukisani Project rolls out in 3 phases, including 3 provinces per cycle. A total of 7 participants from each province are selected to participate in the Thuthukisani Programme.
- An online application form needs to be completed by all prospective participants be they arts entrepreneurs, arts practitioners or organisations in the cultural and creative industries. The application must include a proposal for an arts project that will be workshopped and developed during participation in the Thuthukisani Programme.
- Participants selection will be made by a selection committee comprised of objective industry peer reviewers and ACT trustees,
- 7 participants per province will be selected and the selection will be based on the most viable proposals
- Graduation from this programme requires 100% participation and professional conduct of the masterclass series and assignments.
- On completion of the training and project plan submission an adjudication panel will review all proposals and up to 3 project from each province will qualify for a cash investment and professional mentorship to implement their project in 90 days.
The Thuthukisani Programme is one of the first projects to combine training, mentorship, investment and implementation support to deserving businesses.
This programme requires a significant commitment in terms of time and effort and is focussed on supporting viable income generating projects. Selected applicants will need discipline and excellent communication skills and will be required to work with their mentor to develop their project plan. Acceptance into the programme does not guarantee investment.
Only South African nationals may apply and projects must take place in South Africa. The allocation of programme slots is at the discretion of the ACT board of Trustees. The decision about all applications for participation is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The ACT Thuthukisani Programme is proudly supported by Nedbank through the Nedbank Arts Affinity programme.
You can support the arts at no cost to you by linking your Nedbank account to the Arts Affinity. Click on the logo for more information on how to do this!