Applications for the 2023 ACT Nyoloha Scholarship Programme are now open until 10 March 2023. ACT on your future and apply today!
Nyoloha is Sesotho for Rise!
Our drive as ACT is to enable youth to pursue excellence in their art and to create career ready graduates.
A career accelerator programme which includes:
- Scholarships is an undergraduate scholarship programme aimed at providing opportunities for school leavers to pursue a tertiary qualification in the creative and performing arts.
- The programme brings together talented, ambitious young people from across the country and introduces them to the world of professional arts through a 3-month online training and mentorship programme. The best rated performers and visual artists will then qualify for an intensive week of training, talks, and performances, culminating in a gala showcase and exhibition.
- Working with professional teams gives the participants a valuable experience as does the opportunity to work with other future artists from different backgrounds.
Our scholarships programme will focus on grade 12 learners and youth up to the age of 25 who have University Exemption and want to study towards a degree in the arts at a South African University. This scholarship will require active engagement for a period of 3 months and culminate in a final professional mentorship training week, performance showcase and visual arts exhibition for finalists from all over the country. Only South African residents will be eligible to apply. Over the 3-month period prospective students will participate in tasks and several elimination rounds to determine who will perform in the final showcase for the prize of a full scholarship.
Phase 1: Upon application, performing arts candidates are required to upload a (1x) video submission of their audition piece and visual/digital arts candidates are required to upload (4x) portfolio submissions that will be adjudicated by the relevant arts professional.
Phase 2: Candidates that score highly for their video and portfolio submissions will be invited for an online interview via Zoom during April and May 2023.
Applicants may apply for the ACT Nyoloha Scholarship Programme via the link below.
- Before applying, please ensure that you download, read and sign the Guidelines Document which contains vital information about the application process and requirements. Please note that you may NOT start the application process without having read through the Guidelines Document. Applicants will need to attach the Guidelines Document to their application form, you may download below.
- A fee of R100.00 is required on applying. Applicants may either deposit R100.00 to the ACT Nedbank account (details included in Guidelines Document) or they may purchase an application ticket amounting to R100.00 via Quicket (link below).
- Performing Arts applicants (theatre/acting) must download the ‘Monologues’ document below from which they will need to select an audition piece as part of their application process. Performing Arts applicants will submit their (1x) audition videos via WhatsApp (details included in Guidelines Document).
- Visual/Digital Arts applicants may submit their (4x) portfolio of works via WhatsApp (details included in Guidelines Document).