WHAT WE DO?
Our purpose is to enable South African arts and culture practitioners to achieve sustainable futures.
The Arts and Culture trust’ philosophy descriptors are:
What we offer:
- The securing of investment funding to capacitate arts practitioners
- Professional development and training to supplement artistic talent with sound business acumen
- Thought leadership for continued growth and innovation in the sector
- Mentorship (drawing on our vast network of seasoned professionals)
- Advocacy for the sector, its role within communities, and the potential for active contributors to the economy
- Knowledge Creation
- Centre of excellence
- Resource creation and sharing – through access to our programmes, platforms and resources
- Advisory services
- The pursuit of professional standards (both internally and externally)
ACT functions independent of government and the majority of its support comes from the private sector and ACT’s investment portfolio.