SENIOR LICENSING CONSULTANT: DALRO THEATRICALS & GENERAL LICENSING
The Dramatic, Artistic and Literary Rights Organisation (DALRO) has the above vacancy in its Theatricals Rights Department. Please note that the closing date for applications is 30 November 2017.
The purpose of the role is to provide full licensing and administrative services in the theatricals rights department. The role requires negotiating and issuing correct licence agreements to amateur and professional dramatic societies; liaising with rightsholders and international agents to acquire repertoire and permissions; providing a full-contact support service to licensees by being the first point of contact and ensuring that all licensing requirements and support are given to licensees, including the provision of materials.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Theatricals the ideal candidate will be a person who has completed a post-matric qualification, preferably a BA degree in drama, literature or visual arts and has at least 3 years related and relevant experience. A good understanding of copyright and contracts is required along with a lively interest in theatre, literature, drama and art.
Key Performance areas:
- Identifying and offering the correct licensing options for specific products;
- Negotiating terms & conditions with professional producers/licensees in liaison with international agents;
- Tracking all professional licences to ensure that agreements are adhered to;
- High-level stakeholder engagement – rightsholders and licensees;
- Adherence to DALRO’s administrative processes and ensuring that all licensing supporting documentation is issued timeously and correctly;
- Play a supportive and advisory role to the Supervisor in acquiring new repertoire and expanding on the licensing base; and
- Control of all Sales and Hire Materials inclusive of DALRO supplied merchandise, ensuring that stock is available and in good order.
- Post- matric qualification in Drama, Literature or Fine Art, preferably a BA Degree or BA(Hons.);
- Knowledge of Copyright, especially where it pertains to public performance and broadcast in dramatic/literary works, and reproduction of artistic/literary works is a requirement;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and at least one other African language is an advantage;
- A valid drivers’ licence and willingness to travel;
- At least 3 years related and relevant working experience;
- Industry knowledge, experience and an existing network within the industry would be an advantage; and
- Product knowledge (plays & musicals) both local and international is essential.
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical ability;
- Numeracy skills;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products (especially, Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Good interpersonal skills (including email/telephone etiquette and face-to-face);
- Persuasive ability;
- Customer Service focused;
- Team player & ability to work independently;
- Initiative to expand the business;
- Innovative thinking
If you are confident that you have the necessary qualification and experience to perform the above mentioned duties, please forward your CV (stating which position you are applying for) to email@example.com
Closing Date: 30th November 2017
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy.
Should you not receive any feedback in the next two weeks, please consider that you application has been unsuccessful.