The Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) Awards are held annually in recognition and celebration of excellence in South African arts, culture and creativity. Since 1998, the ACT Awards have celebrated many individuals and organisations that have made a significant contribution to cultural life in South Africa.
A salient element of the ACT Awards is the presentation of Lifetime Achievement Awards. These prestigious awards honour arts professionals whose extraordinary careers have had a profound and lasting impact on arts, culture and heritage and whose lifelong achievements have contributed significantly to the enrichment of cultural life in South Africa. In addition, the ImpAct Award for Young Professionals recognises young professionals in the early stages of careers that show promise of making meaningful contributions to the sector in the future.
Nominations for the Lifetime Achievement Awards and the ImpACT Award for Young Professionals are open to the public until Monday, 19 November 2018.
To submit a nomination for the ACT Lifetime Achievement Awards click here (http://www.act.org.za/blog/2018-lifetime-achievement-nomination/).
To submit a nomination for the ImpAct Award for Young Professionals click here (http://www.act.org.za/blog/2018-impact-awards-nom/).
Winners of the 22nd annual ACT Awards will be selected by the ACT Board of Trustees.
Lifetime Achievement Awards
- The individual made one or more outstanding contributions, or a series of significant contributions, to advance, to promote, and/or improve, theatre, music, dance, visual art, literature and arts advocacy in South Africa.
- The individual has led or inspired the advancement of theatre, music, dance, visual art, literature and arts advocacy in South Africa.
- Posthumous nominations will not be considered.
- Nominees must be 60 years and older.
- The nominees must be a South African citizen and be resident in South Africa.
ImpACT Award for Young Professionals
- The individual made a notable impact during the first five years of their professional career.
- Nominees must be under the age of 35.
- Nominees must be a South African citizen and be resident in South Africa.